Top Reasons to Publish in JAHA
- High standard, rigorous peer review
JAHA provides a high standard of peer review, selecting original research that is high quality and relevant for its editorial focus. The Journal is editorially independent with its own Editor-in-Chief and Editorial Board who lead journal strategy and make publication decisions on all submissions.
- Quality and reputation
JAHA is part of the AHA’s portfolio of prestigious journals, and offers rapid publication that’s compliant with Open Access mandates. JAHA uses an efficient online manuscript submission and peer-review system and is fully compliant with Open Access mandates - meeting the requirements of funding organizations and institutions where these apply. Articles are deposited in PubMed Central upon publication as required by NIH, Welcome Trust and other funding agency mandates.
- Authors who have been invited to submit their article by another AHA journal via the AHA Journals’ Referral Program will not have to re-enter article submission details or provide contact details a second time. This will save these authors valuable time. In addition to rapid submission times, JAHA uses an XML-based proofing tool to enable articles to be processed from acceptance to being published online in just 21 days, provided the Article Publication Charge has been paid.
- Authors can track their accepted articles through production, manage automated publication notices to colleagues, and more.
- Content is Open Access and will be freely available at the Journal site and PubMed Central.
- Authors retain non-commercial copyright and articles are published under the Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License. Articles are fully open access—immediately freely available to read, download, and share. Articles are published under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License, which permits the use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited and is not used for commercial purposes.
- Widest possible dissemination
All JAHA articles are Open Access and freely available on HighWire and PubMed Central immediately on publication.
- Notification of published research
Readers of JAHA content can sign up to receive free electronic alerts via e-mail when new articles are published.For authors, this means that articles are readily distributed to a wide array of researchers and clinicians. The Journal is included in PubMed as well as other leading abstract and indexing services.
- Article discovery and metrics
JAHA’s articles feature article discovery tools and metrics (ADMs). ADMs increase article discoverability, help authors connect with colleagues, and give usage metrics of individual articles.
- AHA tradition in publishing excellence
JAHA is part of the AHA portfolio of 11 other journals, which participate in the AHA Journals’ Referral Program.JAHA is independently led by an Editor-in-Chief and Editorial Board.