Open Access Terms and Conditions for Reuse of JAHA Content
All articles published in JAHA are fully open access. They are immediately and freely available to read, download, and share. Articles are published under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License which permits use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited and is not used for commercial purposes.
The license is subject to the JAHA Open Access terms and conditions:
JAHA articles are protected by copyright and are posted to repositories and Web sites in accordance with the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License. At the time of deposit, JAHA articles include all changes made during peer review, copyediting, and publishing. Repositories and Web sites that host the article are responsible for incorporating any publisher-supplied amendments or retractions issued subsequently. JAHA’s articles are also available without charge on JAHA’s publishing platform or any successor sites.
Use by non-commercial users
For non-commercial and non-promotional purposes individual users may access, download, copy, display, and redistribute to colleagues JAHA articles, as well as adapt, translate, and text- and data-mine the content subject to the following conditions:
- The authors' moral rights are not compromised. These rights include the right of "paternity" (also known as "attribution" - the right for the author to be identified as such) and "integrity" (the right for the author not to have the work altered in such a way that the author's reputation or integrity may be impugned).
- Where content in the article is identified as belonging to a third party, it is the obligation of the user to ensure that any reuse complies with the copyright policies of the owner of that content.
- If article content is copied, downloaded, or otherwise reused for non-commercial research and education purposes, a link to the appropriate bibliographic citation (authors, journal, article title, volume, issue, page numbers, digital object identifier [DOI], and the link to the definitive published version at (URL on HW) should be maintained. Copyright notices and disclaimers must not be deleted.
- Any translations, for which a prior translation agreement with Wiley has not been agreed, must prominently display the statement: "This is an unofficial translation of an article that appeared in an AHA publication. The AHA and the Publisher have not endorsed this translation."
- Teaching institutions may make multiple copies for teaching purposes, without charge, provided such copies are not resold or copied.
Use by commercial "for-profit" organizations
Use of JAHA articles for commercial, promotional, or marketing purposes requires further explicit permission from the publisher, Wiley (email@example.com), and will be subject to a fee. Commercial purposes include:
- Copying or downloading of articles, or linking to such articles for further redistribution, sale, or licensing;
- Copying, downloading, or posting by a site or service that incorporates advertising with such content;
- The inclusion or incorporation of article content in other works or services (other than normal quotations with an appropriate citation) that is then available for sale or licensing, for a fee (for example, a compilation produced for marketing purposes, inclusion in a sales pack)
- Use of article content (other than normal quotations with appropriate citation) by for-profit organizations for promotional purposes
- Linking to article content in e-mail messages redistributed for promotional, marketing, or educational purposes;
- Use for the purposes of monetary reward by means of sale, resale, licence, loan, transfer, or other form of commercial exploitation such as marketing products.
- Print reprints of JAHA articles can be purchased from firstname.lastname@example.org.
JAHA articles posted to repositories or Web sites are without warranty, from the AHA and Wiley, of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the AHA and Wiley disclaims all liability for any loss or damage arising out of, or in connection, with the use of or inability to use the content.
For inquiries related to reusing JAHA content for commercial purposes please contact email@example.com.
Special note for AUTHORS
If you wish to reuse your own article (or an amended version of it) in a new publication of which you are the author, editor or co-editor, prior permission is not required (with the usual acknowledgements).
Teaching institutions may make multiple copies for teaching purposes, without charge, provided such copies are not resold or copied.
John Wiley & Sons Inc.
111 River Street MS 4-02
Fax: (201) 748-6008