Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- How do I submit my manuscript to a JAHA?
To submit a manuscript:
Go to (http://submit-jaha.ahajournals.org)
Papers may also be referred by editors of other 11 AHA journals. View the participating journals.
- What types of articles can be submitted to JAHA?
These are the main article types:
- Original Research Articles
- Review Articles
- Contemporary Reviews in Cardiovascular Medicine
- Basic Science for Clinicians
- Where can I get help with English-language editing?
If you are not a native English speaker, we strongly recommend that you have your manuscript professionally edited before submission. Professional editing is not compulsory, but it does mean that reviewers are better able to read and assess your manuscript.
- What electronic file types can I use to submit my article?
View information about article submission.
- What is the open access copyright and license policy?
View the policy.
- What are the article publication charges for JAHA?
View a summary of the article publication charges.
- Does JAHA offer discounts on article publication charges?
View a summary of the discounts that are available.
- Does JAHA offer waivers on article publication charges?
Wiley Open Access journals provide an automatic waiver to authors based in any of the countries on this list.
- Are any taxes included in the article publication charge?
Authors resident in any of the countries of the European Union have to add Value-Added Tax (VAT, currently 20%). Institutions paying the article publication charge on behalf of the author can, in most cases, have the VAT refunded, or, by providing their VAT registration number,* avoid paying VAT altogether.
- Who is responsible for making the payment for the article publication charge?
The corresponding author is responsible for making payment of the article publication charge or for providing details of the funding organization or institution that will be making payment on their behalf.
- How do I pay for my article publication charge?
Payment of the article publication charge can be made by credit card, check, or bank transfer. Details are included in the invoice you will receive. If your article publication charge is being paid by a funding organization or institution, then payment will be made by the appropriate funding body directly to JAHA. View more information on article publication charges.
- Can an institution/organization/group pay to make all of its published content open access?
View details of the institutional and funder accounts that we offer, along with contact details.
- How long will it take for my article to be included in PubMed Central?
JAHA will deposit all articles into PubMed Central on publication of an online issue, which is currently planned to be bimonthly. Once your article is deposited in PubMed Central, PubMed Central will make it searchable as soon as possible.
- Where is JAHA indexed?
View a summary of JAHA’s indexing information.
- I have a question not answered here. Who can I ask?
Phone: 781 388-8518