Potent Vasoconstrictor Kisspeptin‐10 Induces Atherosclerotic Plaque Progression and Instability: Reversal by its Receptor GPR54 Antagonist
- Received February 13, 2017
- Accepted March 8, 2017
- Originally published April 14, 2017.
- Kengo Sato, PhD ()*,1,†;
- Remina Shirai, MSc1,†;
- Mina Hontani, BSc1;
- Rina Shinooka, BSc1;
- Akinori Hasegawa, MSc1;
- Tomoki Kichise, BSc1;
- Tomoyuki Yamashita, BSc1;
- Hayami Yoshizawa, MSc1;
- Rena Watanabe, MSc1;
- Taka‐aki Matsuyama, MD, PhD2;
- Hatsue Ishibashi‐Ueda, MD, PhD2;
- Shinji Koba, MD, PhD3;
- Youichi Kobayashi, MD, PhD3;
- Tsutomu Hirano, MD, PhD4;
- Takuya Watanabe, MD, PhD1
- 1Laboratory of Cardiovascular Medicine, Tokyo University of Pharmacy and Life Sciences, Tokyo, Japan
- 2Department of Pathology, National Cerebral and Cardiovascular Center, Osaka, Japan
- 3Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Showa University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
- 4Division of Diabetes, Metabolism, and Endocrinology, Showa University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
- ↵*Correspondence to:
Kengo Sato, PhD, Laboratory of Cardiovascular Medicine, Tokyo University of Pharmacy and Life Sciences, 1432‐1 Horinouchi, Hachioji‐City, Tokyo 192‐0392, Japan. E‐mail:
↵† Dr Sato and Dr Shirai contributed equally to this work.
- © 2017 The Authors. Published on behalf of the American Heart Association, Inc., by Wiley.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution‐NonCommercial License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited and is not used for commercial purposes.
Japan Society for the Promotion of Science25860418; 16K08943