Robust Generation of Quiescent Porcine Valvular Interstitial Cell Cultures
- Received November 14, 2016
- Accepted February 16, 2017
- Originally published March 14, 2017.
- Ana M. Porras, PhD1,†;
- Nicole C. A. van Engeland, MSc2,†;
- Evelyn Marchbanks3;
- Ann McCormack, BSc4;
- Carlijn V. C. Bouten, PhD2;
- Magdi H. Yacoub, FRCS4;
- Najma Latif, PhD ()*,4;
- Kristyn S. Masters, PhD ()*,1
- 1Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Wisconsin‐Madison, Madison, WI
- 2Department of Biomedical Engineering, Eindhoven University of Technology, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
- 3Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, Colorado School of Mines, Golden, CO
- 4Tissue Engineering, Magdi Yacoub Institute, Imperial College, London, United Kingdom
Najma Latif, PhD, Tissue Engineering, Magdi Yacoub Institute, Imperial College, Heart Science Centre, Harefield Hospital, Middlesex UB9 6JH, United Kingdom. E‐mail: and
Kristyn S. Masters, PhD, Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Wisconsin‐Madison, 1111 Highland Ave., 8531 WIMR II, Madison, WI 53705. E‐mail:
↵† Dr Porras and Miss van Engeland contributed equally to this work.
- © 2017 The Authors. Published on behalf of the American Heart Association, Inc., by Wiley Blackwell.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution‐NonCommercial‐NoDerivs License, which permits use and distribution in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited, the use is non‐commercial and no modifications or adaptations are made.
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute
National Institute of Biomedical Imaging and Bioengineering
National Institutes of HealthHL093281; EB019508
American Heart Association15PRE 22170006
Magdi Yacoub Institute