Impacts of Renal Sympathetic Activation on Atrial Fibrillation: The Potential Role of the Autonomic Cross Talk Between Kidney and Heart
- Received November 16, 2016
- Accepted December 13, 2016
- Originally published March 2, 2017.
- Lilei Yu, MD, PhD1,2,3,†;
- Bing Huang, MD, PhD1,2,3,†;
- Zhuo Wang, MD1,2,3;
- Songyun Wang, MD1,2,3;
- Menglong Wang, MD1,2,3;
- Xuefei Li, MD1,2,3;
- Liping Zhou, MD1,2,3;
- Guannan Meng, MD1,2,3;
- Shenxu Yuan, MD1,2,3;
- Xiaoya Zhou, MD, PhD1,2,3;
- Hong Jiang, MD ()*,1,2,3
- 1Department of Cardiology, Renmin Hospital of Wuhan University, Wuhan, Hubei, China
- 2Cardiovascular Research Institute, Wuhan University, Wuhan, Hubei, China
- 3Hubei Key Laboratory of Cardiology, Wuhan, Hubei, China
- ↵*Correspondence to:
Hong Jiang, MD, Department of Cardiology, Renmin Hospital of Wuhan University, No. 238 Jiefang Road, Wuchang District, Wuhan, Hubei 430060, China. E‐mail:
↵† Dr Yu and Dr Huang contributed equally to this work.
- © 2017 The Authors. Published on behalf of the American Heart Association, Inc., by Wiley Blackwell.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution‐NonCommercial License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited and is not used for commercial purposes.
National Key Research and Development Program of China2016YFC0104400
National Nature Science Foundation of China81530011; 81570463; 81600395; 81270339; 81300182
Natural Science Foundation of Hubei Province2016CFA065; 2016CFA048; 2016CFB621
Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities2042015kf0187; 2042016kf0076
Fundamental Research Funds of Wuhan City2016070204010134